Re: addons overlaying XBL -- collaborative subs addon

Marcio Galli

Jul 7, 2009, 11:16:06 PM7/7/09
to Felipe Sanches, community-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Felipe,

Check this out:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XUL_Tutorial/XBL_Inheritance

And let us know if works for you..

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Felipe Sanches<felipe....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I intend to port my wiki_subs greasemonkey script to a mozilla addon.
>
> I've been looking at mdc and I understood that addons can be built by
> overlaying the original browser interface. Can a overlay be made for
> XBL content?
>
> More specifically, can
> chrome://content/global/bindings/videocontrols.xml be extended though
> a firefox addon? What technique can be used to add an extra button to
> controls of the html5 video tag player that is described in this XBL?
>
> Felipe Sanches

Felipe Sanches

Jul 8, 2009, 12:07:01 AM7/8/09
to Marcio Galli, community-w...@lists.mozilla.org
~dolske on mozilla #extdev IRC channel pointed me to an example addon
that shows how XBL video controls can be extended :-D

I will use it as a basis for my "wikisubs addon". I'll post it here
once it is implemented.
thanks,

Felipe Sanches